This movie still (from one of the amazing scene;from the net) was taken off Tarsem’s 2006 movie The Fall starring Lee Pace. I thought it was great, I was kind of carried away by Alexandria. This influenced me to write a smilar fantasy novel in my head (have to write it down as my idea will vanish.
I didn’t know what to expect as I just played this on a boring Friday afternoon looking for a movie to watch. I scanned my laptop and saw this. I was recalling that maybe I downloaded it after Mirror Mirror where I was amazed by the costume or because I loved Pushing Daisies where Lee Pace was on it. I did not know that The Cell was directed by him as well as The Immortals.
I loved this movie - sometimes you watch movies because it will take you far beyond your imaginations can take you.
Caught Tiktik last Saturday and I must say it was a diversion from the usual Filipino horror movies in the past in terms of visual - that’s just it and some dialogues which I thought seemed realistic and true plus some good laughs. However, it was not that great of a movie overall, but the again minding the technique used it was way far from the rest.
Here are my questions:
1. The aswangs are so obvious, black/gray outfit, body language, the stares etc except for Roin Vinzon
2. Why do the aswangs have to run like that - when they can run upright and I think much faster and easier. I like the human-like aswang than the dog-like sort of unfinished aswang LOL
3. The transformations are given emphasis - some are ok, but most are just to show the supposed-to-be-cool-and-new-and-state-of-the-art FX
4. The scoring and sound are sooooo baaaaaaad…reaaaaaaly. I heard some scary scores but overall soooo baaaaaaaaad
5. They could have chosen better actors for Lovi Poe - in pain / Gayoso guy - not much acting
6. What’s the sense of drinking from Roi Vinzon’s saliva? Are they supposed to be in turbo or something? If this is a yes - why then they could just be killed with boy bawang? so lame!
7. The dog like aswang looked like unfinished work Hiraya Manawari level special FX
8. Roi Vinzon’s character could have been given a lot of airtime..so bad ass but pfffft cut short
9. The scenes are dragging ex - 2 aswang used the 2nd floor’s window to enter the house but did not attack..they just sort of stand by until the humans know they were there. That sequence - ugh so boring
10. I don’t mind cheesy ads for boy bawang and lipps and I thought Ramon Bautista was funny but Turbo aswangs are killed by boy bawang? Really?
11. Why didn’t the movie makers finished those dog like aswangs? That was soooo Hiraya Manawari
12. Slow mo’s galore but most did not give justice - it should have been really a bad ass sequences but most are pfffft
13. The head aswang does not look like a Filipino aswang - I was reminded of a Shinigami crossed with Ape that looked scary but not…
So there..feel free to comment..
It’s Sunday and I’m very bored. After watching ASAP, I switched to ETC to find the re-runs of GG weekends because they will be premiering the new season. It was great and for a moment I was amused but I had missed a lot maybe 2 seasons of it already that i could not keep up, arte lang but seriously. I need a catch up - 2 days LOL. And I’ll be preparing na for my Sunday mass in a while but thought of posting this.
I honestly did not know the book until after I saw a trailer of the movie a few months back and I got hooked. I researched on it and got the book, read it and loved it. It’ll be shop this week and I will definitely watching this. Logan Lerman is from Percy Jackson, or course Emma Watson from HP movies, Ezra is now my favorite LOL though I haven’t watched any of his works yet..and Nina Dobrev from TVD is the ate so how exciting is that :)
Off to the bathroom now.
Thanks you! hehe
I hate tearjerkers…the premise of the movie was shown on the trailer but, you know there are twists….Definitely watching this!
Just watched this movie 2 nights back (I don’t remember this being show on our local screens or maybe in the Manila area but not in Lipa) and being a fan of dancing I thought this remake was great (ok I did not see the first one) but for me it was really great. They shy-ed away from being over the top OA but I loved the movie and the dances as well. And they had positive reviews from the net. I heard familiar songs saw well 80’s songs that were featured on the movie. Made we want to dload Centerstage again starring Kenny W as well.